onsdag 30 januari 2008

Hidden Agenda numero 1

Ok, dating a German is an easy one, I know this. Very little else can beat the levels of amusement of getting involved in the German society. And I must say I like it. Not only the amusements but the Germans. If anyone would have told me three years ago, when I was skiing in Austria with my dear friends the Oracles from Chiswick, that I would date a German, I would NEVER have believed them. I loudly and cleary declared that Germans /ALL/ Germans were rude, uncultivated, rude, ugly, rude and styleless and... rude. How very "un-rude" of me to throw out this very prejudice comments. Mrs Oracle tried to outnumber my arguments with some "contra-viewpoints", that I, needless to say, more or less completely disregarded with a bored bah.

So here I now sit with the "beard in the mailbox" as we would say in Swedish. I am now dating a German who is very cultivated, extremely handsome, the kindest in the world (possibly) and a real gentleman. Ok ok ok. But I can also admit my mistakes. I was WRONG. Taking it back. Apologizing. Bowing and curtesing. I am SORRY.

So why is Dating a German so entertaining? Well, there is just something about the way the differences between England and Sweden and Germany are just so VAST but still so small. So, even though I must admit that I am very happy to date this gorgeous man, it is not a complete negative aspect that the man is German, since it gives me loads of input to my new blog. And that, is a really good Hidden Agenda.

Auf Wiedersehen

Inga kommentarer: