torsdag 31 januari 2008

Liberated Swedes?

...not really. Depends on what you compare it with. I found myself in a somewhat awkward situation last weekend. Me and Mr Germany were trotting around feeling healthy and exclusive in a fantastic SPA in the German Alps. Surrounded by snowy alps and modern architecture in an old fashioned castle, we were soaking in the outdoor warm pools, getting water massage in the jacuzzis and sipping herbal teas. I suggested we'd go to the saunas, but I felt my friend was a bit reluctant. So, I ventured on my own into the sauna areas where there was a great selection of saunas, "steamed", "Finnish" etc, all in a very clean and modern design with great windows over the mountains. Lovely.

What was a bit less lovely though was the fact that the first thing i bumped into was a man in his sixties and his intimate parts! I panicked and ran out to ask my friend to ask where the ladies' area was. He raised an eyebrow and said it was mixed. And not only mixed, but naked mixed!!! Was is LOS? My friend nodded and said he wasn't all that German and did not enjoy showing his private parts to all the Spa-guests, so thankfully I didn't have to get forced into the German nudity culture.

Thank god. I am still in shock.

Inga kommentarer: