måndag 18 augusti 2008

Aliens invading?


Have you ever experienced that a change is happening in you, but you can’t really put your finger to what it is? First time this happened and I really understood it was something going on was 7-8 years ago when I had my first panic-attacks that after a year transpired into a full flown panic syndrome. A year later I was more or less recovered and could deal with the panic, but it opened my eyes to my life and I realized I wasn’t being true to myself. It ended in divorce from what I thought was the love of my life and a couple of years later I moved to London!


I guess what I got panic about was the fact that I felt that a big and painful change was looming but I didn’t know what it was and if I did know, it scared me too much to want to think of it. I read recently a theory about that the body senses changes coming before the conscious mind does. Most likely it’s the unconsciousness signalling to the body and since the mind does not understand what this is, the body reacts with various symptoms.

I have felt a change coming since the beginning of the year, although this time I thankfully haven’t had any dramatic symptoms. And I have no idea what is coming; is it a change in attitude, lifestyle, marital status (she says, optimistically!), a move or even just a new job (that I need from next year anyway)?

Incidentally, I met a Swedish guy earlier this summer who is planning to move back from London to Sweden, and when we spoke about it I couldn’t understand his rationale for moving back. But I guess his arguments lingered and started to grow and establish in my mind. And now really weird things are happening! I find that my mouth is talking to people about that I look for jobs in Stockholm and my fingers is tapping the lap-top for property pages in Sweden to look for flats, but it feels like it’s happening autonomous from my brain!! Like aliens taking over!

Spooky!

1 kommentar:

Roller Coaster sa...

I fall in love with Stockholm and Sweden every summer, especially after a fun w/e with the "social summer swedes" like you've just had.

I fall out of love with Stockholm and Sweden every autumn/winter when all the Swedes are hibernating...

What we need to do, is find a way to spend 2-3 months in Sweden over summer, and the rest of the year in London....

...and besides, quite selfishly you are not allowed to move back. We need you here in London!

XX