torsdag 14 augusti 2008

Cool Britannia


My UK-mojo is slowly getting back. It had a severe dip in July but is picking up now. I think it’s mainly because I want to be in the green countryside in the summer, not sit next to a highway in the smoking fumes. I look forward to autumn. It’s the best in London me thinks. Crisp sunny autumn mornings walking to work in edgy boots, fitted jackets and eccentric gloves. It’s just such a handsome season. I think I might even get me a nice beret. Perhaps even a raspberry one. It would match my blonde French haircut (had i cut short for your knowledge, not too short, a longer bob) and make my blue eyes sparkle and be more piercing when eyeing the handsome men in their autumn outfits in earth-grey colours, looking understated but elegant. Lovely. Autumn, even the word is sensual.

Went out last night with my friend who is very young and very cool in the kind of way those born in the 80-ties are. We went to Punk in Soho which is well known for attracting a very hip crowd including the Geldof-girls and ms Moss etc. I felt like a reporter investigating the newest street-trends in London, for I bet you -- they were all there. Young, hip, beautiful, cool, and fantastically creatively and beautifully dressed. It just felt new, cool and fresh. It was like I had found the new Cool Britannia, like the punks, the mods, the teddies or whatever cool have come out of this eccentric and expressive people during the years. Think punk mixed with laced Victorian spiced up with Human League: really stylish and just spot on!


Inga kommentarer: