torsdag 2 april 2009

And we had fun fun fun in the sun sun sun

today sydney has given us excellent weather. after a bit of grim drizzle yesterday (which was entirely cosy and all good), today has been blue skies, 27 degrees and a light breeze. me has been at ICEBERGS all day which is an outdoor swimmingpool/gym at the south side of bondi. excellent.

I started the day very early (struggled to sleep at all after 5am) with a superb breakfast of home made granola and yogurt, fruit and freshly squeezed orange juice. found this excellent little cafe around the corner from my hotel, typically sydneyish, with very healthy and fresh food. very cutely overlooking the central parts of the town as well as the slopes down towards paddington (pretty and expensive part of sydney consisting of made up victorian terraced houses). I then caught the bus to north bondi and had a lovely ride through the area woollahra. the driver was a woman of my age and we had a great chat about bondi, sydney and the area. very nice. then I had a session of yoga at icebergs, which went ok. apart from the fact that I had yoga in a bikini. not entirely flattering. I did put on a pair of shorts to hide the worst catastrohphe, but it still was a bit wierd. continuing tomorrow morning though, just for the heck of it.

after this I had lunch with a friend of a friend who is just lovely and lives in one of the eastern suburbs too. we had a great chat about most things and then I went back to icebergs for a snooze and some swimming. all in all a very good day, I will feel the yoga and swimming in my limbs, for sure. check out icebergs at : http://www.icebergs.com.au/. it's a saltwater swimmingpool that is constantly over washed by the sea. amazing place.

now I am not really sure what to do. I probably just go down to the great restaurant North Bondi and have a glass of chilled wine. yes, that sounds like a great idea. easy to make plans with myself actually, nothing to compromise about. good one. otherwise a teeny bit feeling of loneliness today. I think it's a "friday effect" -- would be nice to go out with some friends to eat tonight. but whattheheck - I will eat something nice and go to bed. am hysterically tired actually.

I was meant to go to bed early last night but ended up at the Opera House! Fancy eh? I had a long stroll that ended up at the Opera Bar where I had an afterwork drink with my imaginary colleagues and just enjoyed a spectacular sunset in the half sunny, half raining evening. it was gorgeous. then I decided to check out the Opera House and ended up at the Ballet! Excellent performance of the Australian Ballet Company. They did a perfomance of three snippets of classics. http://www.sydneyoperahouse.com/whatson/firebirdandotherlegends.aspx. the sydney audience were dressed to their nines and the performance was SO GOOD. unfortunaly I struggled with keeping awake so I had to pinch myself all the time. it was fabulous though, and the building is to DIE FOR. getting married there, just so you know. you will be invited provided you send comments to my blog. thanksing you.

have to be off now. have a great FRIDAY in europeland.

puzzz

1 kommentar:

Roller Coaster sa...

Aaaaaah so jealous you've met with our mutual Sydney friend, and your trip sounds just wonderful so far. Enjoy at the fullest!!! You never know when you can do this "selfish" (in a good way) trip ever again and make ALL the decisions yourself :-)

So jealous!!

XXX

PS: Looking forward to that wedding!! :-)