onsdag 1 april 2009

In the mood for love

hoohoooo, back in sydney now. how I just love this town. strange, but it feels a bit like coming home? bizarro. arrived here this morning and went straight to a 4 hours spa session including full body massage, facial and pedicure and manicure. my therapist was FRENCH. ended up with me speaking to her in French as her English was apalling. after this I went to the very quaint and quirky French cafe next door. same story there. well, good thing I am such a language virutose that I can communicate where ever in whatever tongue. I am so good. And modest. 

checked in at the Kirketon which is a quirky and trendy boutique hotel in cool darlinghurst. I like it but again with these kind of hotels -- the quality is always at expense of design. my room is tiny with a non-existent window facing a wall. and the tiles in the bathroom don't look fresh. but it doesn't matter. the bed is gorgeous and the design is good, and it's not expensive AND the location is FABBBB. 

have been for a walk now. feel perfectly ok given lack of sleep and jetlag. have so far avoided plunging into the lovely local wines, keeping in mind Miss Prada's and my start last time; a boozy seafood lunch with ended up with moi on the bathroom floor. am exploring a bit but have decided to end up in the harbour, as a good ol' tourist sipping some chilled white in the sunset. 

tomorrow early start for YOGA at Icebergs at Bondi. As Sydney as it gets ;-)

In the mood for love? Well I love this city, fact. Something about this place that makes want to live here forever and have a colonial dream flat in paddington, whizzling around in linen clothes looking artisan and occasionally popping down to an elegant and quirky bondi restaurant after a refreshing couple of hours of outdoor yoga. And write my life story. 

yeah. 

speak soon.

xxx

Inga kommentarer: