söndag 12 april 2009

time passes quickly!

oy! it's sunday night and in a week's time I will be on my way home. how weird is that?! well, at least I have 7 lovely days to go here in kiwiland. many things have happened in 50 hours, since I last blogged.

I have
1. learned that I need to be more unfriendly and more harsh if and when I venture out on my own. went out on friday night to see some climbing pals, but was chatted up by a little geeky mountain goat with his mates cheering in the background. not fun at all actually. ok, sometimes it can be flattering to be approached by young men, but not this time. it just didn't feel right. he asked all sorts of questions and it was just so obvious that he was only interested in getting into my pants. and that's fine. not to get into them of course, but to be open about it. what I really didn't like what that if felt as if he thought that was my ambition too, just because I was out on my own. terrible feeling. I went to bed early but scared that he was following me to my little dodge motel. bah.
2. driven 390 km from franz josef to queenstown in pouring rain. not that it was any less pretty though, amazing nature this place. at one point I was in a forest with enormous tall trees that really looked like the trees in lord of the rings. totally totally amazing.
3. arrived in queenstown which seems to be a heaven for outdoorsy touristic stuff. i would imagine the place to be unbearably filled with tiresome tourists in the summer, but now in autumn, it's just perfect.
4. jetboated! sooo much fun. http://www.shotoverjet.com/queenstown/main/. speedboats whizzing through the waters and doing 360 whirrls, sooo cool. don't think it's too organic, but still, sooo much fun.
5. had dinner at a FAB resto in Queenstown. really good wine and seafood, had table just by the shore. looovely.
6. bought some tacky souvenirs to friends and folks. terrible stuff, but sort of fun.
7. got miself organised for the big hike, starting on tuesday. can't wait. but it's a lot of stuff to get in place. bah.
8. discovered that the wine- and food tour I went to have displayed shitloads of photos of me! I really have to do sumfinx with that silly hairdo. ASAP!http://www.wineexposed.co.nz/tourgallery/wm08.04.09.aspx
9. have booked a WHITE WATER RAFTING tour tomorrow including a helicopter tour! how cool is this? heavily touristic of course, but should be loads of FUN!

now back to my laundry mission. need clean stuff for the hike.

adios amigos.

xx

Inga kommentarer: